Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Aragog THe Caveman

Aragog was a simple caveman. He had a simple cave, he wore simple animal skin clothing. He lived alone and thought that was the best way to live. Simply. Until one day, everything changed.  

As Aragog was walking through the forest collecting berries with his home-made berry basket, he came across some footprints. "Oh goodness gracious Lord almighty!" Thought Aragog, " I don't want other cave people moving into my territory! I enjoy living alone." And so he decided to set some booby traps to catch any unwelcome trespassers. Days went by and days turned to weeks and Aragog continued to check his traps but never once was anything or anyone caught. Slowly Aragog forgot about the booby traps and footprints and went on with his simple solitary life. 

Several months later Aragog was once again walking through the forest collecting food, and since Aragog was a simple caveman he had long forgotten the fact that he had set up booby traps all around the forest. Aragog was accidentally caught in one of his own traps! Aragog suddenly remembered his traps and was sad. " Oh why did I set up traps?!?!" he wailed, "I'm all alone hanging up-side down in this forest and no one will ever find me! I wish I didn't live alone! I wish I had someone to come and look for me!" And so, poor Aragog hung up-side down for three days and three nights consumed by sad and lonely thoughts.

On the morning of the fourth day Aragog heard a noise in the distance "Help!" he called. "Help me! I've been caught in a trap!" No answer. "Must have been a squirrel." Aragog mumbled under his breath. The fourth day of his hanging continued without incident. As did the fifth day...And the sixth. Eventually Aragog died. His last thought was "Damn, I wish I wasn't such a lonely bastard all my life."

TheEnd

Chelsea Foster Age 16 years 

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!!
    and a good lesson to all those lonely bastards out there.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete